Yield: 9 – 12 pieces
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 wild honey
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup wild honey
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp coconut flour, sifted
- 3 eggs
- Fresh lemon juice from 2 lemons
- Preheat your oven to 180’C s and generously rub an 8×8 inch pan with coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk honey, coconut oil and salt until creamy. Add the coconut flour to make a dough.
- Press the dough evenly into the prepared pan and bake for 1 minutes. Let it cool completely to the room temperature.
- Change the oven to 165’C.
- Take a large bowl and use a hand whisk to whisk the eggs, honey and lemon zest in a large bowl. Don’t use the hand mixer for this as it may overbeat the eggs.
- In a small bowl, take lemon juice add coconut flour 1/2 tsp at a time until well mixed.
- Now pour the lemon juice mixture into the egg mixture while whisking continuously until well combined.
- Pour the topping over top of the cooled crust and bake for about 20 minutes or until the topping is just set. A good way to check if its done is to give the pan a little shake. Ideally the centre should be slightly jiggly.
- Let cool completely at room temperature. Then refrigerate for overnight or at least 6 hours before cutting.
- Use a sharp knife to cute them in squares or desired shapes.
- These will be good for a week in the fridge in an airtight container.
Please note this recipe is adapted from Food Faith Fitness channel.